Car Engine Parts
All car parts need precision and accuracy; but from a designing and manufacturing perspective, car engine parts are probably the most important.
Car engine parts are designed with utmost precision, and with the use of computer technology, which provides the facility of simulation, where automobile engineers are able to see and work out the conditions in which these parts have to work.
The following are some of the parts used in a car engine:
* Engine Block - block or engine cylinder block, is usually the largest single piece part in the engine. All the engine parts are put into this engine block.
* Left Cylinder Head - on the top of the engine block is the cylinder head enclosing and covering the cylinders.
* Oil Filter - placed in the engine oil system to strain out the dirt and abrasive materials from the oil; however, dilated materials cannot be removed. The oil filter is one of the most crucial and important car engine parts that ensure proper working of the car engine.
* Oil Pan - usually made of thin steel, it is located at the bottom of the crankshaft, to collect the oil flowing from the sides of the crankshaft.
* Crankshaft Pulley - crankshaft converts the up and down motion of the piston into a rotary motion for the purpose of driving wheel.
* Carburetor Mount - supplies and meters the mixture of fuel vapor and air, relating to the load and speed of the engine.
* Intake Valve Port - to intake the fuel mixture into the cylinders.
* Valve Cover - covers the valve train comprising cam, lifters, push rods, rocker arms, and valve springs.
* Oil Filler Cap -a huge amount of oil is wasted during its change, though it can be recycled.
* Intake Manifold - conducting fuel mixture from the carburetor to the intake valves. This is another very crucial car engine part and needs proper functioning for the engine to work.
* Harmonic Balancer - to reduce the torsion vibration, it is connected to the crankshaft.
Car Engine main page.
Car Part Homepage.